Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Going Bananas

Lily and I got a bag of bananas for $2 at Costco and decided to make some banana bread, I went the short distance from the kitchen to the computer to look up if it was baking powder or soda, turned around and my little flour sifter informed me" Oh no, mess!"
Instead of freaking out I laughed, turned around and grabbed the camera instead of the broom.











Then I thought about what this person had to say over five years ago. "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
As well as, "I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not."
-Monson, Finding Joy in the Journey October 2008

The flour isn't important neither is the bread, it's this little flour face that once wiped is gone:(

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing example of what a great mother should be....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I recognize that laundry quote. Love it.

    ReplyDelete