So my due date was Oct 19th, which came and went. My mom drove out that day and I had a Dr appointment that Friday which I fully intended on using bribery or any means necessary to get me to the hospital. Turned out it didn't take much to get there. I must have been worked up since my BP was 140/90 and then 140/100, that sealed the deal. Got a sandwhich for lunch at Jimmy Johns in preparation for a long day ahead. And took this last picture of just Luke and I. I think I should have worn his shirt:)
Luke chilling in the chair. I was checked into the hospital at 1:40 hooked up to the pitocin less than an hour later. The first nurse I had cranked it up and I was having contractions less than 2 min apart and thought I would take full advantage of legalized medication...bring on the epi! Got the epidural at 7:30 and was still at a 3. At 9 my Dr came in and checked me...a 3 STILL. I was thinking it would definitly be an all nighter. I think Lily and I have the same man crush on Jason Bourne. That was the movie on TV when my nurse came in and asked how things were going. She told me she would be back in a half hour and left the room, after the door closed I gripped the bed handle and told Luke to go get her because something was coming out. She came in and checked me, said I was at a 10 and not to push. The Dr came in and told me to push and then turned around and got his blue gear on, which let me know we were down to business. Less than 20 minutes later she was out 11:05 PM. They let me hold her for almost an hour before they took her over and got all the numbers, 8 lbs 21 inches. Amazing how fast babies go from purple to pink.
The next morning when she came back from the nursery.
At home after her first car ride. So excited baby Lilyan Megan is here with us.


Alright Alyss, you're making Shawn mad....after seeing this little princess, I want one!!
ReplyDelete:) How cute! She looks like she is doing well and it sounds like you guys are too!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! Sounds like going from 3 to 10 was effortless!!! Nice! How did Luke do through all this? She is adorable Alyssa!!
ReplyDelete