Thursday, June 12, 2014

Because She Is a Mother

Here is a rundown of the day so far
woke up at 2 am feeding,
in bed with me and more feeding
at 4:40 checked my phone
not sure if I was hoping the night was almost over or not, so I could hopefully get more sleep
got a bottle.
5 am bottle not enough
He comes in to see whats going on and if she needs a bottle
next hour is a blur tossing and turning, crying baby
2 more ounces
not sure what time it is but the dawn is breaking, at least I don't need my cell phone as a light now.
He goes back to bed.
The other she comes downstairs asking for cereal, I tell her to go find daddy
He comes downstairs and showers
I get up take her to the bathroom
She doesn't want to sit on the toilet
Left a mark on her hinny put pants on her
got her some cereal and a cup of milk
felt bad about her hinny said I was sorry kissed her
He asks if I'm ok, replied with no and told him what I had already regretted doing for the day
He leaves for work
Cuddle her and put on a show
Lay on the couch stare at the clock 7:30
Baby seems to like to sleep in on mornings, great (sarcasm)
Try to catch up on some Zzz's for an hour on the couch
baby wakes up
change baby
check on the other one
tells me in the kitchen looking down at her now drenched pants 'look mom, wet'
change her
asks for a waffle, notice her cereal is soggy and not really touched
put her in the sink to rinse her hands after her waffle, don't stop there I hose of her legs too
she is now clean changed and pony tailed,
time for another show
baby seems to only wake up to eat and go back to sleep ( What the...) would have been nice 6 hours earlier
Take a shower, it might have been more than 5 minutes
go through the house and do laundry
She wants milk, pour her some
find the cup later, it's half full
Ask if she wants to color on the couch with me
5 minutes she's done, now she has found places only God would know of to put them
she goes up stairs, fast, I know what that means. Run up after her and she has already done it.
She says go this way poops mommy.
Clean it out of her underwear
go get clean ones
notice now that we didn't really have a formal lunch
popcorn as a snack was it
nap time (Hallelujah)
put her in her bed, cover her up give her a kiss close the door
come downstairs, look up
See her standing at the top, tell her to go to bed
go back up the stairs
she has stripped her bed and the book shelf
now the little one is up again
Tuck her in close the door (2nd time)
I change the little one and the other one is now in the room telling me about her blanket and 'come this way mom" as I'm 'trying' to breast feed.
Follow her and she points to the laundry shoot, stuffed with everything that was on her bed.
Go back up the stairs for the 3rd nap time tuck in (baby is screaming, she didn't get anything to eat)
tell her to stay in her bed
feeling lost I think of what I should do, remember listening to this

http://www.mormonchannel.org/gospel-solutions-for-families/keeping-your-sanity-in-a-home-of-little-ones-part-1

sit in the chair and listen to it as the baby downs the 4 oz.
Now I'm feeling better about the day and looked up this mans referenced quote.

"if you will show others, including your children,(HUSBAND) the same caring, compassionate, forgiving heart you want heaven to show you; if you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do."

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1997/05/because-she-is-a-mother

If I start the day off (whatever time of the morning that may be) with a prayer in my heart and hope that the spirit will guide me that day to what is important (not the laundry) and what I should be doing (cuddling my babies and cherishing them) thats all I might be able to do and that is enough!

PS: To those who say to mothers of young ones, its goes by too fast, we are feeling deep in the trenches of bottles, diapers, what's going to be for dinner. The days go too slow and the years too fast. So take it as a call for help and acknowledgment that some days it's hard to see the rhyme and reason of it all.

Here is a second in heaven:


No comments:

Post a Comment