He walked in and I send "send me", his unwelcome response- Not today! Really, I thought his eyes needed to be checked. He obviously did not see the whale of a woman in front of him. He said that the 4 slots for optional induction were already full. So I begged and pleaded and he said he would be able to send me on Monday the 19th. My due date was the 22. And I had no intention of waiting until then, especially with his guess weight estimate was 8 ISH...
So Monday morning came, I was really anxious, not about the events at the hospital but about lily. I have not really left her long, especially if it needed to be over night. So my goals for the day were to have a beautiful bouncing baby around dinner so that Luke could go home with Lily and sleep in their own beds.
Dropped Lily of, of course the time when she sleeps in is the day when I was expecting her to get up at the crack of dawn. Luke and I went to the hospital, got there at 8, were supposed to be there at 7, but hey it was going to be a long day anyways. Hooked me up at 9 to the pit and I told Luke to go into work which was a mile away since it wasn't going to be very fast. He went to his meetings and I enjoyed having cable tv all to myself and got my unhealthy doses of 'vintage' Grey's Anatomy and old Kardashians. Luke came back in time to see me in the lovely throws of contractions. Here's a visual, Alyssa on the ball trying to move as much as you can hooked up to machines and then it starts...keeps escalating and she starts to breathe and Luke puts his loving comforting hand on her shoulder to be answered with a "DON'T touch ME!"
Enter in epidural time...Love that man! Ironically in my last ward with lily our bishopric nurse anesthetist was at the hospital at the same time. This time it was Clint who was recently in the bishopric at the hospital. Always nice to see people who only see you in your Sunday best looking ravaged in the beautiful experience of labor. I think I had chap stick on?!
So I was at a 2 for the last few weeks and I was certain there must have been progress since the dr had broke my water at 10 and it had been two hours of pitocin. Nope, told my nurse I didn't want to wait anymore and give it to me now instead of another hour. So then at 1pm I got it. Luke and I exchanged pleasantries I turned my head to close my eyes for an hour nap, yes, NAP it can happen. Woke up at 3pm to a nurse setting up things and I asked to be checked. 8!
An 8 at 3pm, a 10 a little after 4. Nurse told me not to push and just relax. Think she left to make sure the Dr was available. There were a few other women there too. She said "I have delivered babies, but that's not my job."
So I sat there for 15 minutes feeling the pressure and tried to remember which muscles I was going to be using. Dr came in and asked me to push and said "ok stop", I asked Luke to put the camera up on the shelf behind me and before he was done she said "you'd better get over here dad" then within the first two minutes she was out. Nice short and sweet video. Two pushes. She had the waxy stuff all over her, Lily had none and they were taking bets at what she was going to weigh. All of them were in the eights and then the 9 popped up and the ounces were going up until they stopped at 9 lbs 6.6 ounces.
Perfect timing 5:04 pm. Luke brought lily by and she looked at the baby in the basinet and said "whats that?"
She is warming up to her almost two weeks later, she calls her baby sister and is starting to touch her hands or head really quick. still doesn't want to hold her but helps me pick out her cloths and diapers.
PS Luke went home with lily and spent most of the night cleaning up all of Lily's puke. It must have been a 24 hr thing. Luke wasn't feeling good either. He went to bed at 6 pm the Wed we got home. So glad that was the day my mom came into town.
The "baby sister" didn't officially have a name until the final minutes of the hospital stay. Luke had filled out all of the information except her first and middle name. So I filled it out while he was on his way to pick me up and didn't take a picture of it so I made the joke that maybe that wasn't really her name. IT was Roxanne or something hot like that!
So Madilyn it is, I wanted her to be able to shorten her name to mad-E but if she did it would read Made Galloway. So I wanted it short and phonetic. Madeline or Madeleine was too long and too many e's.
Madi Galloway works a little better.
Ella was my paternal great grandmothers name.and my maternal grandfathers grandmothers names (luella and ella) it was between ella and emma. So we went with a family name.
Picture time
Hate that IV but I found out the banana flavor was the best
Luke checking out the room
I only went up to 16 on the pit, was told it went above 30...EEK
Proof if she complains of her name that we took forever picking one!
A few hours old and Lily is content with cell phones.




Two girls, perfect!
Going home outfit, that fit long enough to get home and change into 0-3 month clothes
Everything went great, I'm glad that I did not have to wait for my 'body' to have her. I'm sure I would have been one of those women who died because they just didn't go into labor or had too big of a baby. Thank heavens for modern medicine that gets me pregnant and puts me into labor!

No comments:
Post a Comment